Saturday, November 19, 2011

How do I get my Desert Rose plant to bloom?

One of my Desert Roses was started from a cutting and it used to bloom several times throughout the summer, but last summer it developed only a few blooms and they dropped off before opening. It's about 4-5 years old.





My Desert Rose started from seed has a nice caudex but has never bloomed. It's about 3 years old.





I'm reading different things about how often to fertilize, etc. What say you?

How do I get my Desert Rose plant to bloom?
well here's what I do.





when ever it blooms, and the rose starts to die you should snap off the rose. like there should be a little knot on the green part of the stem and you should break it off from there.





this helps the rose bush so that it can grow back twice as many roses as before. also you should add fertilizers to the soil around the plant. there are sertian fertilizers that are made spacificly for rose plants.





hope that helps you!
Reply:Fertilize every six months, water continuously, and make sure that you're misting. This assumes that you're dead-heading. Maybe you need to try a different type of plant food--I love miracle grow. Check with your local Rose Society, or go to americanrosesociety.org.


No comments:

Post a Comment