Wednesday, April 29, 2009

How do I trim my rose bushes?

I have 4 rose bushes that are producing pink roses. They don't seem to be very old. I've noticed around the bottom of some branches they are turning brown where they should be green. Does this mean they are dieing? I live in a rent house so they were already here. I just want to know the basics on how to help them bloom and stay healthy. I don't know much about gardening, but would like to learn about browning leaves, stems, petals, etc. And what part to cut. I live in Texas I'm not sure if the climate will help answer this question.

How do I trim my rose bushes?
they should be pruned severely early in the spring.. Some of the older bottom wood can be brown, if the top part is brown with green lower, cut back to the living wood. during the blooming period, cut off the spent blossoms below the first set of five leaves. Use a systemic rose food every 6 weeks, follow label instructions. You should consider watering them on a regular basis.


No comments:

Post a Comment