Tuesday, November 17, 2009

How can I plant beautiful roses from just a rose stem?

One of my clients bring beautiful roses from her garden. She grows them for shows. How can I take one of the roses and make them grow in my garden? is there a way w/out getting a rose bulb??? They are just sooo beautiful and fragrant!

How can I plant beautiful roses from just a rose stem?
Here is a site that will tell you step by step how to start a rose from a cutting. However, the stem needs to be as fresh and young as possible. You may have to ask for another cutting or two or three.


http://www.scvrs.homestead.com/Cuttings1...





Good Luck
Reply:yes - it will be a little more time consuming. You can cut the flower off when it dies. You will need to go to a garden center and buy a gel that is called rooting compound. You will put this on the stem. It will take many weeks but it will eventually sprout roots


No comments:

Post a Comment